2019 Viking 48 Convertible Description
The 2019 48 Viking Convertible “Sea Block” started her life as a freshwater boat on the Great Lakes. She was brought to South Florida in the fall of 2020. Since then, she has had the highest level of care by full time crew. “Sea Block” has been used primarily to dive and spear fish but has also enjoyed some light fishing. She is in immaculate condition and is fresh off an 8/22 visit to the Viking factory service center where she received a fresh bottom job, new MAN water pumps, new AC pumps, full detailing, and minor punch list items. She has low hours (approx. 700 9/22) on the upgraded 1200 hp common rail MAN engine package. She was heavily outfitted with factory options such as an SK 9 Sea Keeper Gyro Stabilizer and has a great deal of custom additions as well. The 48 Viking is the perfect sized vessel for owner operators, and makes a great family fishing/cruising platform. As a late model, low hour, immaculate vessel, the 2019 48 Viking Convertible represents and excellent alternative to a new build at a fraction of the price. Come see her for yourself. She will not disappoint. Below please find a summary of her highlights, factory options and customizations.
Sea Block Specifications Add to Favorites
2019 Viking 48 Convertible Vessel Overview
- Viking pedigree build quality
- Optional 1200 CR MAN power with low hours 700 (9/22) and fresh service (8/22)
- SEA KEEPER SK 9 GYRO STABILIZER
- Custom Teak cockpit by Viking factory service center
- Custom added Eskimo Ice chipper by Viking factory service center
- Custom added water maker by Viking factory service center
- (6) Underwater lights custom added by Viking factory service center
- Custom FAUX Teak hand painted toe rail, no bow rail, no pulpit for clean custom look
- Factory Mezzanine seating
- Cockpit rocket launcher
- Garmin screen and stereo controls on mezzanine deck
- Custom teak pattern SEA DECK on flybridge
- Air Conditioned Flybridge
- KVH SAT TV dome
- FLIR night vision
- Electric salon door
- Custom larger VIP bed in lieu of smaller bunk beds
The cockpit of the 2019 48 Viking Sea Block is well laid out for all fishing and cruising adventures. Her mezzanine seating and custom teak deck combine comfort and beauty with the DNA of a fishing machine. Cockpit features include:
- High gloss teak rocket launcher with 6 rod holders, 2 drink holders, bait prep tray and drawer
- Electric reel outlets
- Huge freezer under mezzanine seating
- Refrigerated drink box
- Transom live well/fishbox
- In deck fish box, in deck live well, and in deck ESKIMO ICE dump
- 4 transom underwater lights with 2 underwater side lights
- Cockpit canvas cover
- Sea Keeper Gyro Stabilizer under cockpit sole
- Tri color lights in cockpit overhang
- Y valve for fresh and salt water washdown
The main salon can be entered through the electric door offset to port on the forward bulkhead of the cockpit. The main deck has the traditional sportfish salon layout with integrated galley up, but with an updated more modern feel. The Viking interior shows off the newer theme high gloss walnut woodwork with lighter, more contemporary colors and furnishings. There is a white leather L shaped sofa to stbd with storage beneath. Port side fwd there is dinette seating with a high gloss walnut table. Above the dinette is a 40’ flatscreen TV with satellite capabilities. (subscription required) Across from the dinette to stbd is the ship’s galley. The galley features everything a shipboard gourmet would require, including:
- 3 burner electric cook top
- Microwave convection oven
- SUB ZERO undercounter refrigerator/ freezer drawers (2/2)
- Custom Amtico flooring
- Exceptional storage with deep slide out cabinet shelves
Centerline on the main deck forward between the dinette and galley is the companionway and stairs leading down to the lower accommodations. At the base of the stairs to port is a door that houses stacked washer/dryer units. The lower companionway has vertical decorative walnut strips separating wall panels. The layout below features a midship master stateroom to stbd with an ensuite head, a single berth guest room to port, a fwd VIP stateroom with single larger custom berth, a second head with VIP access and day head companionway access.
The master stateroom has an island queen berth with dual nightstands. Additional master stateroom features include:
- 22-inch flat screen TV w/ SAT capabilities (subscription required)
- Stereo and blue ray player
- Climate controls
- Dimmable overhead lighting
- Decorative padded headboard
- Outboard storage and fwd cedar lined hanging locker
En Suite Head
- Marine toilet
- Large shower stall with brushed aluminum shower door
- Cambria countertop and porcelain sink
- Custom Amtico flooring
- Satin nickel shower fixtures
- Brushed nickel towel bars
- Wood face lower vanity
- Decorative wall coverings
Across the hall to port is the guest stateroom. The standard layout has bunk beds but on factory custom order the upper bunk was deleted from the build so the lower bunk could be raised with storage beneath and widened as much as possible. This allows and adult to sleep more comfortably without an upper bunk directly overhead. If a bunk is desired for children, it would be an easy addition.
The forward VIP stateroom was customized as well. The standard arrangement has bunk beds offset to port. The custom arrangement once again deletes the upper bunk, raises the lower berth, and significantly increases its size. This stateroom offers exceptional storage, natural light through overhead hatch, blue ray player, 19” flat screen TV, dimmable overhead lights, and climate controls. The second head is accessible privately through the VIP stateroom or through a lockable companionway day head door.
The Flybridge of Sea Block is accessible from the port side cockpit ladder. The bridge has a four sided Costa Clear enclosure with Climate Controls. The air conditioning on the bridge in south Florida summers is a godsend and when the winter fishing days get chilly, the heat is just as welcoming.
The helm is on center island style with port and starboard seating benches. Factory upgraded distressed buckskin cushions are comfortable and classy. There is also seating forward of the helm. Behind the helm there are Release Marine high gloss teak captain and companion chairs. The custom helm pod has a stainless-steel wheel and single lever palm beach controls with bow thruster buttons built into the handles. The aft bridge rail has 6 welded in rod holders.
The electronics package includes:
- Triple GARMIN multi-function display for Chartplotter, radar and sonar functions
- Drop down electronics box in hardtop
- FLIR night vision
- MAN electronic gauges
- Lenco trim tab controls
- Bow thruster back up controls
- SEA KEEPER control pad
- Spotlight controls
- (2) ICOM VHF radios
- Accessory switch panels
- Twin MAN CR 1200 hp diesel engines (approx. 700 hrs 9/22, service 8/22)
- ONAN generator
- Racor fuel filters, snow white
- Additional fuel tank
- All pumps except fresh water painted in snow white
- Oil change system with remote cockpit hook up
- Awlgrip painted engine room and bilges
- Fire suppression systems
- Ships batteries and battery chargers
Sea Block Virtual Walkthrough
Sea Block Youtube Video
HMY Yachts is the undisputed sales leader with new and used Viking Yachts.
We average over 100 Viking Yacht sales each year, have more Viking Yachts experts on staff than any other brokerage, and also have the largest network of Viking customers compared to any other brokerage. It’s no wonder HMY has been among America’s top Viking dealers for decades.
When you come to HMY, you’ll quickly understand that we are the authority for new and used Viking Yachts.
Most Viking owners at some point in their boating life come through HMY Yachts. One reason is our Viking Product Team has extensive hands-on experience. Our professionals have previously worked for Viking, or they have been captains of Vikings and fished them all over the world. If you’re looking for a knowledgeable Viking expert, look no further than HMY. All of this combined makes HMY the best brokerage to help you find the best used Viking or new Viking Yacht on the market while receiving an exceptional client experience.
Viking Yachts has become a global leader in the luxury sportfish and motor yacht industry.
Founded in the early 1960’s by Bob and Bill Healey, Viking built its vessels much like Carolina builders, assembling the boats on frames at intervals throughout the manufacturing facility. By 1972 they were already working on the first all-fiberglass model, the Viking 33C, and building their way into history as one of the finest yachting brands in the world. Viking quickly grew into a major U.S.-based yacht builder and leader in its industry in less than a decade. In the 80’s Viking acquired Gulfstar Yachts in Florida, whose designs were considered by many to be some of the best in the industry and incorporated some new innovations furthering their place in the industry. Re-investing with their own money in the early ’90s, the brand has been on top of the world ever since.
From a 38-foot sportfishing boat to 93-foot motor yachts with semi-custom fiberglass, advanced flybridges, tuna towers, and impressive outriggers, Viking yachts carry a tradition of excellence, innovative technology, and family history. Most Viking Yachts models are manufactured in-house to ensure maximum attention to detail and impeccable quality control in every sport yacht, open bridge convertible, enclosed bridge convertible, billfish, and the open series yacht that is produced.
All Used Viking Yachts for Sale:
New Viking Yachts for Sale:
HMY Yacht Sales
Since 1979, HMY Yacht Sales has been among the most trusted brokerage firms in the industry. For decades we have continued to instill confidence in our clients who choose to buy and sell yachts with us. Our goal is to provide you with the highest level of customer satisfaction combined with HMY’s renowned yachting expertise. When you choose your next brokerage firm, make sure to select the one that is the most experienced and knowledgeable in yacht sales. HMY’s expansive network of yacht sales professionals, support teams, yachting industry experts, and customers have been our recipe for success; and we’ve earned the trust of our clients from around the world. In 2022, HMY Yachts was recognized as the #1 North American Princess Yachts Dealer.
HMY Sales and Marketing Network
HMY Yachts is known for delivering sales results. We sell a pre-owned yacht on average every 12 hours. With accelerated sales results like this – there’s no better firm you can trust to sell your yacht. We invest heavily in online marketing and exposing your yacht to the right target buyer is one of HMY’s strengths. Plus, we activate and engage a high-performance network of brokers and buyers with walkthrough videos, virtual tours, MLS, email, magazines, social media, and digital campaigns. HMY’s accelerated yacht sales approach generates leads and sales at record levels. We connect buyers with our brokers quickly – to get your yacht sold. Call HMY today. We’ll put a world-class sales and marketing strategy together to sell your yacht so you can have peace of mind.
- Established in 1979 and family-owned by Steve Moynihan
- Recognized as one of the largest new and pre-owned yacht dealerships in the USA
- HMY is on pace to sell over 500 pre-owned yachts, and over 150 outboard boats this year
- HMY averages a yacht sale every 12 hours
- 50+ yacht sales professionals at 14 sales locations from Ocean Reef, Florida to Newport, Rhode Island
- New yachts for sale: Viking, Valhalla Boatworks, Princess, OKEAN, Two Oceans Power Catamarans, and the all-new ECLIPSE model line
- HMY was recently recognized as the #1 North American Princess Yachts Dealer in 2022
- Dedicated Outboard Boating Center featuring premium fishing and cruising outboard boats
- HMY has a dominant presence with sales offices located in high-profile marina locations
- Premiere exhibitor at the largest boat shows in America
- A global network of sportfish, motor yacht, superyacht, and charter customers
- Sponsors of yachting, fishing, and showcase events throughout the year
- HMY has an in-house Luxury Charter Vacations division serving global customers
- HMY is well known for its industry-leading investment in marketing, advertising, and digital
- HMY’s proven sales success has elevated HMY.com to be an elite yacht industry search engine