2022 Custom 55 Convertible Description
When developing the TRADEWINDS concept, there were three design criteria: 3 cabins with their own head, efficient operation with cruising speed around 30 Miles per hour, modern elegant lines and custom yacht finish, all were accomplished.
This refit project took hundreds of engineering hours. First to find the correct hull for the project including hull length, deadrise, deep V versus modified V hull, weight displacement and turned out to be spot on. The decision to do a refit was based on budget.
TRADEWINDS is a refit of a 1984 55' Ocean Super Sport, which had a 58,000lbs displacement, that was stripped of every mechanical and moving parts. The bottom and stringers reinforced to support an integral bracket for the 300 Yamahas with all four having 25" lower units.
TRADEWINDS displaces 35,000 pounds. She will cruise comfortable in the low 30s getting .6 miles per gallon and topping out in the low 40s at .4 miles per gallon.
TRADEWINDS Specifications Add to Favorites
2022 Custom 55 Convertible Vessel Overview
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
HMY Yacht Sales
Since 1979, HMY Yacht Sales has been among the most trusted brokerage firms in the industry. For decades we have continued to instill confidence in our clients who choose to buy and sell yachts with us. Our goal is to provide you with the highest level of customer satisfaction combined with HMY’s renowned yachting expertise. When you choose your next brokerage firm, make sure to select the one that is the most experienced and knowledgeable in yacht sales. HMY’s expansive network of yacht sales professionals, support teams, yachting industry experts, and customers have been our recipe for success; and we’ve earned the trust of our clients from around the world.
HMY Sales and Marketing Network
HMY Yachts is known for delivering sales results. We sell a pre-owned yacht on average every 12 hours. With accelerated sales results like this – there’s no better firm you can trust to sell your yacht. We invest heavily in online marketing, and exposing your yacht to the right target buyer is one of HMY’s strengths. Plus, we activate and engage a high-performance network of brokers and buyers with walkthrough videos, virtual tours, MLS, email, magazines, digital campaigns, and “Go Live with HMY”, for real-time exposure. HMY’s accelerated yacht sales approach generates leads and sales at record levels. We connect buyers with our brokers quickly – to get your yacht sold. Call HMY today. We’ll put a world-class sales and marketing strategy together to sell your yacht so you can have peace of mind.
- Established in 1979 and family-owned by Steve Moynihan
- Recognized as one of the largest new and pre-owned yacht dealerships in the USA
- 50+ yacht sales professionals at 13 locations from Ocean Reef, Florida to Charleston, South Carolina
- HMY has a strong presence in 12 high-profile marina locations
- New yachts for sale: Viking, Valhalla Boatworks, Princess, OKEAN, and Two Oceans Power Catamarans
- All-New Outboard Boating Center featuring premium fishing and cruising outboard boats
- HMY sold over 530 pre-owned yachts and over 150 outboard boats in 2021
- HMY averages a yacht sale every 12 hours
- Premiere exhibitor at the largest boat shows in America
- A global network of sportfish, motor yacht, superyacht, and charter customers
- Sponsors of yachting, fishing, and showcase events throughout the year
- HMY has an in-house Luxury Charter Vacations division
- Substantial investment in marketing/advertising
- Yachts for sale – see the wide range of online inventory showcased here
- HMY.com – Among the top yacht search engines