Summer 2021 Update:
Later this month the Livingstone 24 will be making her way from France to Croatia, where she will be fully available for inspection and sea trials.
Launch a flare for the details!
With their Livingstone series, Hartman Yachts of Urk, Holland wholly devotes itself to re-creating classic, jazz-age styled motor yachts with modern materials, equipment, and build methods. This Livingstone 24 model (along with her 20 meter little sister) is designed and built to live up to Hartman’s motto: “Explore in Confidence.”
Passagemaker Magazine, in their review of the L24, has said:
“She reflects the highest standards for quality and innovation. The yard’s background and experience is apparent in every element of the yacht, which seamlessly combines luxury with a robust structure to create a hardy, classic yacht with true exploration capabilities.”
Boats International has called her:
“The pocket explorer yacht that dares to be different.”
Built of Grade A steel with an aluminum superstructure, she was built with the skills acquired through seven generations of ocean-going boat building to owners who want to explore the world in comfort, safety and luxury.
Hartman spares no attention or expense in bringing together the critical elements that best define the term “Pocket Explorer Yacht,” including:
- Efficient, safe and ocean-tested hull designs of Grade A steel, with watertight bulkheads and double-bottom steel fuel and water tanks,
- 3,500 mile range at 10 knots
- Intelligently-designed back up systems
- Adequate storage for exploration gear
- Secure and sanitary isolation of refuse
- Functional extended passage crew quarters.
- Unique “Spudpole” stationary system for shallow waters
- Luxurious accommodations for nine guests in four cabins
- An immense tender deck for a wide range of yacht toys
- A Hydraulic 1,100 pound capacity crane
- Advanced Hamann Sewage Treatment technology (dissolved air flotation + UV disinfection)
- Naiad 302 stabilizers
- (2) Viking life rafts, 8 survival suits, high-volume fire pump system
These all come from lessons learned through Hartman’s experience in building and operating ocean-tested commercial vessels – freighters that circle the globe, including regular passages from Europe to the Falkland Islands. These practices support their delivery of safe, rugged and comfortable vessels to those looking for the best possible Explorer yacht.
And don’t miss the 360 degree Virtual Tour at the end of this listing.
HMY Yacht Sales, Inc. is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by The Fog Warning.
Specifications Add to Favorites
- Three heavy-duty waterproof doors allow access the interior - from the aft deck double door, the starboard side entry at the helm, and one to port.
- Stairs down from the salon lead to a huge owner's cabin with nine feet of headroom and a luxurious private bathroom.
- The VIP cabin portside offers a king sized berth.
- The guest cabin to port offers two bunk beds
- The guest to starboard offers two single berths and one pullman berth/
- There is a laundry room to starboard , that can be upgraded to a bathroom.
- Engine room access is by portside door.
- An optional crew cabin can be added.
- Diving equipment (including a compressor) stores in the lazarette
- Stairs from aftdeck to spacious sundeck with seating with cushions on port and starboard
- There is ample room up top for the tender (or two!) with room for additional toys, all launched by oversize crane.
- The flybridge can be upgraded to include a flybridge helm station.
- Custom made anchors and protective anchor plates.
- Both masts can be effortlessly lowered for low bridges.
- A robust, Northern-European spec'd heating system has been over-engineered for those climes.
- Two outside helm stations (one at port and one starboard )for easy docking
- A carefully engineered day tank systems guaranteeing clean, uninterrupted diesel flow to the engine.
- A beautifully engineered and build custom passerelle doubles as a self adjusting swim platform.
- A CE-A Ocean Going Rating.
- Main Engine is a MAN Diesel D2866LXE40, rated at 345 hp. It spins a Nial Bronze 5 blade FP propellor.
- The gearbox is a 3.0:1 reduction PRM1750SC
- The shaft is a Blokland Amartech, water-lubricdted Duplex shaft.
- Duplex filter systems.
- Stainless steel Marquip wet exhaust system.
- The water cooling system for the engines, generator and air conditioning is a commercial Buncooling HT/LT system.
- A hinged and balanced, fast-rotating fishtale rudder with 60 degrees (!) of rotation provides unparalleled docking ease ( most yachts have 30 degrees)
- A 60 HP Hydraulic bowthruster.
- Naiad type 302 Fin stabilizers.
- Two hydraulically operated "spud poles," for and aft, for a safe and effective ancillary mooring system. Please call for the details.
A fully integrated helm relies on a Simrad Integrated Bridge System, with three 19" touchscreen providing:
- Steering system
- Satellite compass
- Rudder indicator
- Structurescan depth sensor
- Camera system.
- 1 VHF
- 1 handheld VHF
- 1 GMDSS portable VHF
- 1 Intellian V60 VSAT system, with router, modem and control unit.
- 1 Intellian i60V Satellite System, with modem and control unit feeding all TV's.
- 1 Peptalk 4G modem wifir 4G router.
- 220V 50Hz system board combined with 24V1750Ah batteries
- 3x 3500W inverters 220V
- Generator 1x Kohler 20kW/ 50hz
- 2x 24V 150A Alternators on the main engine.
A Commercial Grade Mave Mare-IX system includes two Chiller units (Model CIV8) and remote Mare-IX units in all cabins, the salon, and the wheelhouse.Fresh Water and Sewage Treatment Systems
1300 gallons of freshwater capacity.
Cathelco watermaker produces 70 gallons per hour of fresh water.
Double water pressure systems on board (one as a backup).
53 gallon hot water tank, and an engine-fed hot water heater.
A Hamann Sewage treatment Unit for 12 persons.
Hydrosta hydraulic system drives the following equipment:
- Rudder system
- Capstan aft
- Stabilizer system
- Spudpoles, forward and aft
It's power is managed through a high-pressure. load sensing pump (170 CC's) off the main engine. An additional 49 CC higp-ressure pump is fitted to thhe gearbox PTO, as a spare.
This system is backed up by an electrically driven power pack pump for non-engine operation. A separate 24V hydraulic powerpack is fitted for feeding the Opacmare boat crane, and a third power pack operates the VCU boarding/swim ladder and deck hatch.Anchoring System
- Two 420 pound stainless steel anchors.
- 260 feet of 16mm galvanized rode.
- Oversized DataHydralic Anchor Winch
- Two Leeuwestein/Hollandia -hydraulically operated telescoping spud-poles, fore and aft, allow for mooring of the yacht in depths up to 25 feet without deploying (and washing down) the anchor.
A custom-designed, fully integrated Yacht Control Panel System (by Marble Marine Electronics) manages the following systems:
- Alarm systems for sensors throughout the vessel.
- Tanks gauges for all tanks.
- Power management for both the generator and shore power systems.
- Control of all ventilation, hydraulic and pump systems.
- Activation of navigation and deck lighting.
- All critical main engine functions.
- All critical generator functions.
- Four Harman Kardon entertainment systems installed in the owners cabin, guest cabins, and the main salon.
- In the wheelhouse, a Nas Storage Server connects the entertainment system through Shipnetwork.
- Four TV screens are installed in the owners cabin, salon and guests cabins.
- A Sonos entertainment system is installed in the wheelhouse.
- A custom built Naumatec tender is placed on the sundeck.
- Tender engine is a Yamaha Waterjet propulsion system of 110hp, with jockey seat and control panel.
- Bauer, type Junior II dive compressor.
- Room on the upper deck for additional tenders, toys.