1968 Burger 72 Raised Pilothouse Description
The 1968 BURGER 72' RAISED PILOTHOUSE MOTOR YACHT "INDEPENDENCE" is a spectacular example of the iconic BURGER BOAT COMPANY style and quality. With her gleaming paint and spectacular varnished rails and doors she is the center of attention at all marinas and yacht clubs. INDEPENDENCE has undergone multiple refits and upgrades through her life. The major living spaces on this 72' RAISED PILOTHOUSE have been updated. The original separated galley and dining room were converted to the "Country Kitchen" in the early 2000's complete with all modern appliances and granite counter tops. In this BURGER 72' MOTOR YACHT, the main salon was re-vamped to allow for a more modern appearance with built-in entertainment and 49 bottle wine cellar; this room is great for an intimate gathering. The aft deck of this stately RAISED PILOTHOUSE MOTOR YACHT boasts space large enough for social gatherings and the built-in wet bar has clear ice machine and large beverage cooler as well as commodious liquor storage and custom glassware drawers. She features rich walnut interior, three staterooms with two full heads and showers, plus crew quarters forward. Her staterooms are very spacious and even the crew lives in comfort. She has a full width stand-up engine room and walk-around side decks. Her decks were replaced by Teak Deck Systems in 2014. We'd be honored to show you this majestic 1968 BURGER 72' RAISED PILOTHOUSE MOTOR YACHT "INDEPENDENCE".
Independence Specifications Add to Favorites
1968 Burger 72 Raised Pilothouse Vessel Overview
The aft deck is fully enclosed with full teak decking. The highly varnished Teak door leads into the main salon. The port and starboard wing doors lead to the walk around side teak decks. Access to the swim platform below is through a gate in the aft rail to Starboard. Bench seating across the stern faces a teak table. There are 4 beautiful varnished teak chairs to accommodate elegant dining for a total of 6. The large wet bar is forward with liquor storage and custom glass drawers to port, refrigerator and clear ice machine in the middle and wet bar with storage to Starboard. There are 2 additional large varnished teak chairs. Her hard top is extended with a Aluminum frame and the are enclose curtains aft that may be opened as well as the large sliding side windows. This area is a spectacular introduction to her living spaces.
The salon is a beautiful and spacious area located aft of the pilothouse. It was updated with new carpet, upholstery and headliner. There is comfortable seating and a flat screen TV forward with full surround sound. The electronics for entertainment are conveniently located here below the TV. The wine cellar is to port. All windows and doors have been consistently maintained for proper operation and the aft doors provide access to the walk-around side decks. The stair case to the staterooms is aft if the salon.
- Plotter/Radar Raymarine E130
- Plotter/Radar Raymarine Hybrid new 2015
- Wind speed and direction gauges
- Compass - Danforth/White Constellation
- VHF - Icom M-45
- Autopilot – Simrad AP20
The gorgeously Walnut-lined pilothouse is full-width and located forward and raised from main deck. It is accessible through the sliding varnished doors from the port and starboard side decks. Electronics and navigation equipment have been updated and stairs to starboard lead down to the Country Kitchen.
The Country Kitchen features a very large galley cooking and food prep area suitable for cooking for large groups and a large dinette that can easily accommodate 6 comfortably or squeeze in 8 people The Teak and Holly sole adds a very warm feeling
- GE Elite refrigerator/freezer with icemaker
- GE Glass cooktop 4 burner range
- GE Stainless steel full size oven
- GE Overhead microwave oven with range hood with outside vent and lighting
- GE full-size dishwasher
- GE Garbage disposal
- Granite countertops and integrated sink
- Instant hot water dispenser
The master stateroom is full-beam and separated from the aft lazarette by a watertight bulkhead. It features a Queen size bed with Temper-pedic mattress flanked by built-in cherry bedside dressers, plenty of drawers plus his and hers hanging closets. The ensuite master head is decorated in a beautiful stone and boasts double sinks and faucets, a full-size shower and vanity mirror. This master stateroom comes with A/C controls and Smart LCD TV.
Port Guest Stateroom
Has a thwart ship queen size bed with night stand storage and under bed drawers. There is a large hanging locker, A/C control and Samsung LCD TV with satellite control. There are large windows for natural lighting and a private entrance to the Bath with stall shower, W/C and sink with vanity.
Features twin beds, storage under the beds and between in the night stand and a large hanging locker. Large windows for natural lighting and A/C fan control.
- Buell Air Horns and whistle most all re-chromed
- Twin forward spotlights and single aft spotlight
- New Teak Deck Systems front and side deck (2014)
- Three compressed air windshield wipers with fresh water rinse system
- Chocks for paddle boards
- Freezer in Lazarette
- 2 "Independence" Life rings, throwable with lines
- 8-man survival raft new (2018)
- Name boards with lights
- Freshwater wash down
- Chocks for Dingy
- 110V crane for dingy
- Nautica 14' RIB with console VHF and 60 HP Yamaha Navy blue tubes
- Seating and cushions on aft deck and on fore deck
- Swimming ladder
- Marquipt "Tide Rider" boarding stairs with varnish hand rail
- Electric windlass rebuilt in 2017
- 6 varnished teak chairs with 2 varnished side tables
- Varnished aft deck table
- Custom canvas covers for seating and windshields
Located all the way forward, with easy access through the Country Kitchen and down you will find the comfortable crew quarters equipped with a crew dining table area with TV, plenty of storage drawers and a hanging locker. Captain stateroom room to port with TV and separate Sat TV receiver Crew double bunk room forward with shower in the forepeak and an enclosed head compartment to starboard with W/C and Vanity with sink. A watertight bulkhead door is aft for easy access to the stand-up full-width engine room. There is front load full-size Washing machine and dryer.
- Twin Westerbeke 20 KW diesel generators Appx 5800 hrs, each
- Dry stack exhaust
- 120V / 240V AC electrical system
- 12V / 32V DC electrical system
- Power shore cords 100 amp and 50 amp
- 12V and 36V battery chargers
- Floodlights on radar mast
- Stack lights
- Dry stack exhaust for main engines and generators
- Oil changing system for engines, transmissions and generators
- Roll away tool box with tools
- Air compressor
- Jet Head toilet pump
- Holding tank
- 100 Amp power inlet
- Headhunter Mach 5 freshwater system pump
- Hot water heater
- Aluminum star plate decks
- 7 Marine Aire AC units all replaced within last 10 years
- Racor Fuel Filters
- 110 Volt and 32 Volt lighting
- Glendinning engine synchronizer
Burger Yachts are at the top of their game in the mega yacht market, with over 150 years’ experience in design and innovation. The endeavor of Burger yachts initially began in 1863 when Henry Burger began building small 20 to 300 feet Mackinaw fishing boats for local commercial fishermen. The business would continue to develop over the years. Leadership changed hands between Burger family members and other entities, vessels evolved from wooden schooners to naval minesweepers to luxury motor yachts.
HMY Yacht Sales
Since 1979, HMY Yacht Sales has been among the most trusted brokerage firms in the industry. For decades we have continued to instill confidence in our clients who choose to buy and sell with us. Our goal is to provide you with the highest level of customer satisfaction combined with HMY’s renowned yachting expertise. When you choose your next brokerage firm, make sure to select the one that is the most experienced and knowledgeable. HMY’s expansive network of sales professionals, support teams, yachting industry experts, and customers have been our recipe for success; and we’ve earned the trust of our clients from around the world.
HMY Sales and Marketing Network
HMY Yachts is known for delivering sales results. We sell a pre-owned yacht every 21 hours at an average value of $1,000,000. With accelerated sales results like this – there’s no better firm you can trust to sell your yacht. We invest heavily in online yacht marketing; and exposing your yacht to the right target buyer is one of HMY’s strengths. Plus, we activate and engage a high-performance network of brokers and buyers with walkthrough videos, virtual tours, MLS, email, magazines, digital campaigns, and our latest virtual tool, “Go Live with HMY”, for real-time exposure. HMY’s accelerated yacht sales approach generates leads and sales at record levels. We connect buyers with our brokers quickly – to get your yacht sold. Call HMY today. We’ll put a world-class sales and marketing strategy together to sell your yacht so you can have peace of mind.
- Substantial investment in marketing/advertising
- Advanced digital tools and real-time technology
- 12 offices and 50 brokers throughout SE Florida and the SE United States
- Professional photography, video, and virtual tours that capture customer interest
- More leads. More conversations with buyers
- More opportunities to sell your yacht
- Proven yacht sales expertise that gets results