1996 Viking 60 Cockpit Sport Yacht Description
“Off the Charts” is an extensively upgraded 1996 60’ Viking Sport Cruiser and a fine example of Viking Yachts engineering and design. Her expansive interior space combined with the revolutionary design combing all the features of a luxurious motor yacht with the outstanding performance of a sport fish hull design makes this truly a unique vessel. Key features include a vast amount of upgrades such as a bow thruster (2021), upgraded stateroom carpets (2021), salon upholstery (2022) and much more!
Off The Charts Specifications Add to Favorites
1996 Viking 60 Cockpit Sport Yacht Vessel Overview
Entering from the cockpit and up the molded stairs enables easy entry to the enclosed aft deck lounge. Also, there is boarding access from the wide side decks port or starboard entering through the wing doors. For the aft deck lounge we can go up three stairs to the enclosed flybridge or down three stairs for entry to the main salon area. Aft of the main salon and down three stairs you will find the engine room entry doorstop our right. Further aft you will then enter the spacious full beam master suite with private head with a separate shower stall.
Forward of the main salon to the port is the fully functional galley with the finite area to starboard. Moving forward and down three stairs is the companionway. To the port is the laundry area featuring a separate washer and dryer.
To the starboard is the guest cabin with upper and lower berths with private access to the guest/day head with separate shower. Moving forward is the day head entrance also to the starboard and continuing forward is the VIP guest cabin with its own private head and separate shower.
The spacious salon, dining and galley are all on the same level with plenty of natural light. The full width salon is enormous, especially when compared to similar yachts and she has the highly desirable walk-around side decks. The teak cabinetry has a gloss finish which adds highlights to the environment and is in excellent condition. Along the port side is an L-shaped sofa upholstered in an off-white ultra leather with built-in storage, and adjacent is a table with under storage. Forward is a built-in end table with drawer storage. The casual dining area is opposite to starboard with a high gloss table. Above this area flat screen TV that can be viewed from just about anywhere in the salon. There is also an entertainment system with four speakers and a sub-woofer in this area.
The galley is completely open to the salon and dining area. The countertop is an easy to clean off hard surface material. The appliances are positioned for ease of use and there is generous storage. Appliances include: sink with disposal, convection microwave oven, Kenmore double door fridge and freezer with indoor ice and water dispenser, trash compactor and a Princess 2-burner cook top.
"Off the Chart" offers a full beam private aft owners suite. There are two full length cedar lined wardrobes and the starboard side is walk-in. The berth is center line and affords easy walk around access on three sides. There is an abundant drawer storage on both sides and built-in night tables with storage. Above the berth are recessed lights with switches on both sides, for easy on/off access. The entertainment center is built-in the forward bulkhead with a Flat screen TV and a stereo system. The private head with its large stall shower is forward to the port. It is spacious and offers excellent storage for towels and toiletries.
Guest Staterooms (2):
"Off the Chart" provides two large guest staterooms. Forward is the VIP suite with a Queen centerline berth, full height cedar lined wardrobe and an excellent drawer storage. It has its own Cruise Air digital SMX air-conditioning control. Aft to port is the large guest bath with a separate stall shower. There are deck hatches both over the bed and in the head offering natural light.
The second guest stateroom is on the starboard side just aft of the VIP. There are twin upper and lower berths and a cedar wardrobe. The bath is accessed from both the stateroom for privacy and secondly from the companionway to double as a day head. The head also has a separate shower stall and an overhead deck hatch. Each stateroom has its individual Cruise Air digital SMX air-conditioning control.
- New Ultra Leather Upholstery on the 2 sectionals in Main Salon (05/2022)
- New Vinyl Plank Flooring in Salon, heads, Galley and Companion Ways (04/2022)
- New Carpet in all Staterooms (04/2022)
- New Shade Blinds in Salon (05/2022)
- New Seat Cushions in Aft Salon (03/2022)
- Re-covered middle Captain's Chair (04/2022)
- Re-calked Exterior Fixtures, Rub Rails and Re-bedded all Stanchions (02/2020)
- Water Tested After with no Leaks (02/2022)
- Add Electrical Outlets in Flybridge (04/2022)
- Re-calked and Re-set (3) Port Hatches (02/2022)
- Replaced (3) Sump Boxes (01/2022)
- Replaced (2) Bilge Pumps (01/2022)
- Replaced (10) Portable Fire Extinguishers (02/2022)
- Add Terminals to Main Breaker Panel (02/2022)
- Replaced Door Seal to Engine Room and Access Panel to Auxiliary Fuel Tank (Behind Master Bed) (02/2022)
- Fire System Inspected and Re-Certified (01/2022)
- Replace Emergency Automatic Pull (01/2022)
- Anchor is 320 Ft Chain that is marked by every 10 Ft
- Insulated HVAC Box in Bow (05/2022)
- Added freon charge to HVACs (08/2022)
- Replaced Heat Elements for Water Heater in Engine Room (03/2022)
- Serviced (2) MAN engines as required, oil change, filters (06/2022)
- Serviced freshwater pump (08/2022)
- Replaced synchronizer gear (08/2022)
- Clean Hull replaced zincs (07/2022)
- Tender serviced fuel system and motor, replaced bilge pump (06/2022)
- New Side Power SE250/300TC 24VDC bow thruster (2021)
- New Batteries (2020/2021)
- New Whirlpool full side by side with icemaker refrigerator (2021)
- New Whirlpool convection/microwave oven (2021)
- Upgraded whirlpool full side by side with ice maker
- Upgraded Whirlpool convection/microwave
- 2 burner stove
- Trash compactor
- Large sink with Instahot (under)
- Storage and breaker panel above microwave
- (1) Furuno NavNet Radar
- (1) Furuno Map Plotter
- Simrad Autopilot; Furuno Depth Finder
- (2) ICom M506 VHF Radio
- Ritchie Compass
- Freshwater Washdown
- Freshwater Connection
- Shore Power, 30 Amp (Port) and 50 Amp (Starboard)
- SeaFire Automatic Halon Fire System
- Mezzanine Seating with Cushion; Storage
- Aft Facing Camera
- Full Beam Swim Platform with Ladder
- Engines (2) - 1996 MAN D2840 (LE401); 820HP; 2600 hours
- Generator - Onan 20MDKAE; 20 KW; 2900 Hours
- Charles Smart Boost Transformer
- Automatic Halon Fire System
- 5 Zone Cruisair HVAC
- 24 and (1) 12 Volt Century Battery Chargers
- Raritan 20 Gal Water Heater
- Dayton Fresh Water Pump Batteries
- (4) - DP31DT House
- (4) DP31DT Engine
- (2) DC31DT Generator - Replaced in 2020 and 2021
Off The Charts Virtual Walkthrough
Off The Charts Youtube Video
HMY Yachts is the undisputed sales leader with new and used Viking Yachts.
We average over 100 Viking Yacht sales each year, have more Viking Yachts experts on staff than any other brokerage, and also have the largest network of Viking customers compared to any other brokerage. It’s no wonder HMY has been among America’s top Viking dealers for decades.
When you come to HMY, you’ll quickly understand that we are the authority for new and used Viking Yachts.
Most Viking owners at some point in their boating life come through HMY Yachts. One reason is our Viking Product Team has extensive hands-on experience. Our professionals have previously worked for Viking, or they have been captains of Vikings and fished them all over the world. If you’re looking for a knowledgeable Viking expert, look no further than HMY. All of this combined makes HMY the best brokerage to help you find the best used Viking or new Viking Yacht on the market while receiving an exceptional client experience.
Viking Yachts has become a global leader in the luxury sportfish and motor yacht industry.
Founded in the early 1960’s by Bob and Bill Healey, Viking built its vessels much like Carolina builders, assembling the boats on frames at intervals throughout the manufacturing facility. By 1972 they were already working on the first all-fiberglass model, the Viking 33C, and building their way into history as one of the finest yachting brands in the world. Viking quickly grew into a major U.S.-based yacht builder and leader in its industry in less than a decade. In the 80’s Viking acquired Gulfstar Yachts in Florida, whose designs were considered by many to be some of the best in the industry and incorporated some new innovations furthering their place in the industry. Re-investing with their own money in the early ’90s, the brand has been on top of the world ever since.
From a 38-foot sportfishing boat to 93-foot motor yachts with semi-custom fiberglass, advanced flybridges, tuna towers, and impressive outriggers, Viking yachts carry a tradition of excellence, innovative technology, and family history. Most Viking Yachts models are manufactured in-house to ensure maximum attention to detail and impeccable quality control in every sport yacht, open bridge convertible, enclosed bridge convertible, billfish, and the open series yacht that is produced.
All Used Viking Yachts for Sale:
New Viking Yachts for Sale:
HMY Yacht Sales
Since 1979, HMY Yacht Sales has been among the most trusted brokerage firms in the industry. For decades we have continued to instill confidence in our clients who choose to buy and sell yachts with us. Our goal is to provide you with the highest level of customer satisfaction combined with HMY’s renowned yachting expertise. When you choose your next brokerage firm, make sure to select the one that is the most experienced and knowledgeable in yacht sales. HMY’s expansive network of yacht sales professionals, support teams, yachting industry experts, and customers have been our recipe for success; and we’ve earned the trust of our clients from around the world. In 2022, HMY Yachts was recognized as the #1 North American Princess Yachts Dealer.
HMY Sales and Marketing Network
HMY Yachts is known for delivering sales results. We sell a pre-owned yacht on average every 12 hours. With accelerated sales results like this – there’s no better firm you can trust to sell your yacht. We invest heavily in online marketing and exposing your yacht to the right target buyer is one of HMY’s strengths. Plus, we activate and engage a high-performance network of brokers and buyers with walkthrough videos, virtual tours, MLS, email, magazines, social media, and digital campaigns. HMY’s accelerated yacht sales approach generates leads and sales at record levels. We connect buyers with our brokers quickly – to get your yacht sold. Call HMY today. We’ll put a world-class sales and marketing strategy together to sell your yacht so you can have peace of mind.
- Established in 1979 and family-owned by Steve Moynihan
- Recognized as one of the largest new and pre-owned yacht dealerships in the USA
- HMY is on pace to sell over 500 pre-owned yachts, and over 150 outboard boats this year
- HMY averages a yacht sale every 12 hours
- 50+ yacht sales professionals at 14 sales locations from Ocean Reef, Florida to Newport, Rhode Island
- New yachts for sale: Viking, Valhalla Boatworks, Princess, OKEAN, Two Oceans Power Catamarans, and the all-new ECLIPSE model line
- HMY was recently recognized as the #1 North American Princess Yachts Dealer in 2022
- Dedicated Outboard Boating Center featuring premium fishing and cruising outboard boats
- HMY has a dominant presence with sales offices located in high-profile marina locations
- Premiere exhibitor at the largest boat shows in America
- A global network of sportfish, motor yacht, superyacht, and charter customers
- Sponsors of yachting, fishing, and showcase events throughout the year
- HMY has an in-house Luxury Charter Vacations division serving global customers
- HMY is well known for its industry-leading investment in marketing, advertising, and digital
- HMY’s proven sales success has elevated HMY.com to be an elite yacht industry search engine