1997 Symbol 57 Raised Pilothouse Vessel Overview
SKYE 57’ SYMBOL RAISED PILOTHOUSE 1997 is in excellent condition. She has 3 staterooms, 2 heads,Wesmar stabilizers, 2 generators, inverter, and propane stove to make long or short excursions enjoyable. Call today to schedule an appointment to see this 57’ SYMBOL RAISED PILOTHOUSE.
The salon is bright and airy with a wide aluminum door to the aft deck and full door height glass panels on either side, as well as standard windows port and starboard on the aft salon bulkhead.
There are four large sliding windows on the port and starboard sides of the salon as well.
Starboard aft is an L shaped settee with burl wood table which has fold out extensions and adjustable height for dining or cocktails.
Forward to starboard are cabinets for glass storage, a liquor cabinet, and ice maker: all built into maple wood cabinetry with burl wood tops.
To port are two comfortable chairs with built in card table between.
Forward in the salon is a 36" flat screen LG TV with Polk audio surround sound. Below the TV are three large storage cabinets, one of which holds all the binders for ship’s equipment. (Very complete and well organized). The middle cabinet with tambor doors has all the auxiliary entertainment equipment; Niles HDL 4 Hi-Def speaker system, Direct TV receiver, Toshiba SD 4100 DVD Player, home theater power center, and Yamaha audio/visual receiver.
Up two steps from the salon is the pilothouse level and continuing to starboard is the stairway to the flybridge, forward to starboard is the U-shaped dinette and to port is the galley. There is a wing door to the port side deck. The lower helm is center line forward and to port is the stairway to the accommodations.
"Skye" sleeps 6 in three staterooms with two heads. Access to the staterooms is via a stairway to port of the pilothouse. The master stateroom is located amidships and features a centerline queen berth with plenty of storage beneath and in 2 hanging lockers. To port is a custom vanity while to starboard is a bath with a roomy stall shower. The VIP is forward and features a centerline queen bed and a hanging locker. The guest head is to port with a stall shower. A third stateroom to starboard (shares the guest head) has upper/lower single berths, a hanging locker and drawers.
The interior features satin-finished maple paneling throughout. All counter tops in the galley and baths are corian. Cabinet, doors and lighting hardware are polished brass. The pilothouse features a dinette for up to (4) with a hi-lo dinette table and ultra-leather settee (storage beneath and an exterior sliding door to port). The U-shaped galley is to port and opens to the pilothouse. Across and to starboard are stairs to the flybridge. The salon features a comfortable sofa (storage beneath) to starboard, an easy chair to port and cabinetry forward.
The galley is located aft to port on the pilothouse level and features a U-shaped arrangement with all the appliances close at hand and has visual access to the salon aft. The floor is teak and holly.
- Norcold Refrigerator/Freezer
- GE Monogram dishwasher
- Miele 4 Burner propane stove w/microwave/convection oven
- Seaward propane solenoid control
- Broan trash compactor
- Goldstar microwave (2nd microwave)
- Twin sink & faucet
- Icemaker (salon)
- Stacked washer & dryer (companionway forward)
Hull and Deck
The covered aft deck measures 8′ X 12" and has a transom gate to access the molded-in swim platform w/concealed swim ladder. The cap rail in the cockpit is varnished teak and has tan Sunbrella covers.
There are two large access hatches in the cockpit to the lazarette which has the second generator, and storage.
From the cockpit on either port or starboard sides are easy steps up to the side decks which are full walk-around with molded "pyramid" non-skid gelcoat. The safety rails are substantial 1" stainless steel. All exterior hardware, hawsepipes and bollards, deck rails, are all heavy-duty 316 stainless steel.
The salon aft door and window frames are aluminum and the windows slide open with screens.
There is a sliding door from the pilothouse to port side deck which is aluminum.
The bow has a sunbed and bench seat with storage forward of the Pilothouse windows.
The flybridge features an L-shaped settee (with table) to port and a bench seat to starboard with covered cushions.
- Windlass w/deck switches and flybridge controls
- Double anchor pulpit w/SS plow anchor and chain rode plus plow anchor w/chain-rope rode
- Fender racks on foredeck & (6) fenders
- Flybridge top – aluminum framed with stamoid cover and a full eisenglass enclosure as well as textaline side curtains
- PVC rub rail with S/S striker
- Guest spotlight w/flybridge controls
- Foredeck storage boxes w/sun cushions
- Compasses – pilothouse & flybridge
- (2) Deck hatches pilothouse and (2) deck hatches foredeck (over VIP & guest) with screens
- (8) SS opening port lights – (4) master (1) master head (2) VIP (1) guest head
- (3) Windshield wipers w/washers
- Quicklift davit (800#) and tender chocks
- 4-Blade bronze propellers
- Spare props
- Emergency tiller
- (8) Rod holders on aft deck
- S/S gas BBQ (flybridge)
- Glendinning cable master
Electronics and Audiovisual Equipment
- Furuno radar (pilothouse and flybridge ) VX2 Navnet with Navionics gold charts
- Furuno color plotter & video depth finder (pilothouse & flybridge)
- Furuno GPS (PH & FB) VX2 Navnet
- 19" HP Computer Touch Screen with HP compact computer featuring Nobeltec’s Timezero Odessey advanced navigation system
- Standard Intrepid VHF w/hailer (flybridge), and Icom 504 VHF (separate units)
- Icom M27 VHF (PH)
- Robertson/Simrad AP22 autopilot (PH & FB)
- Simrad speed & depth units (PH & FB)
- SAT Telephone; Iridium (pilothouse)
- Electric bow thruster controls both stations
- Simrad anemometer and wind guide
- Wema tank level indicator (pilothouse)
- AA 150 rode counter- auto anchor line indicator
- Flo-Scan fuel consumption meter
- Bennett trim tab controls
- Glendinning engine sychronizer
- Wesmar stabilizer control
- Guest spotlight with remote control
- Audio visual system in salon (AM/FM/CD/DVD/VHS w/surround sound)
- Sony TV w/VCR player – Master stateroom, VIP stateroom
- Audio System (AM/FM/CD w/Changer) for exterior areas
Engine and Mechanical Equipment
The engine room is accessed from a door in the cockpit below the second stairway to the flybridge; (see photo) and has full stand-up head room and excellent accessibility to all main components. Engines are mounted on stainless steel stringer saddles. IMPORTANT NOTE: NEW ALUMINUM FUEL TANKS (2015)
- Bow thruster (2 controls; flybridge and pilothouse)
- Flo-Scan fuel consumption meters
- Hynautic engine controls (PH, FB stations)
- Hynautic power steering
- Engine synchronizer
- Reverso oil changing system
- Fresh water pump w/accumulator and (2) water filters
- Shurflo raw water deck pump (stern and bow outlets)
- Water heater (20 gallons)
- Shore water inlet
- Manual emergency bilge pump
- Air conditioning system (reverse cycle (6) Cruisair units)
- Bennett trim tabs with PH/FB controls and gauges
- Fuel tanks (2 saddle tanks engine room) w/crossover, fuel manifold & sight gauges; ALL NEW
- Racor fuel/water separators w/vacuum gauges (one each for mains and gensets)
- Wesmar stabilizers-rebuilt 2016
- Fuel transfer pump
- Dripless shaft seals
- Shaft Isolation couplings
- Fresh water Vacuflush heads
- Raw water strainers w/seacocks
- SK Watermaker – 600 gal per day
- New aftercoolers and heat exchangers-2016
- 25KW Powertech Genset in engine room with 2570 hrs.
- 18KW Kohler gen set in lazarette with 2500 hrs.
- Glendinning cablemaster 50 Amp shore power Inlets (stbd amidships & aft in stbd cockpit)
- Additional 50 Amp shorepower cable
- 240/120 VAC distribution panel w/gauges and circuit breakers
- Zinc saver galvonic isolator
- Xantrex Inverter/Charger 2000 Link
- Batteries: (2) each engine starting bank (1) each genset bank (w/parallel to (4) house batteries)
- Battery chargers: (1) 60 amp Pro-Mariner charger
- Mastervolt battery monitor (pilothouse)
- Engine room blowers (4)
- 12 VDC Outlet – pilothouse, salon & master stateroom
- (2) Head air extractors
- (3) Bilge pumps with automatic/manual switches & high water alarm
- Indicator Panel (pilothouse) for navigational lights & bilges & flybridge alarms
- WEMA tank gauge – pilothouse
- Tankwatch holding tank indicator
- Cantalupi overhead halogen lighting throughout interior
- Courtesy lighting on decks & flybridge
- Exterior lighting under aft deck overhead & radar arch
- Navigation lights
- Fluorescent and 12V lighting in engine room & lazarette
- Reading lights above beds
- Indirect lighting in salon & staterooms
- Instrument lighting
Listed below are additional equipment and improvements that have been made to "Skye", over and above the factory installed equipment and options.
- Wesmar stabilizers
- Custom chart table in wheel house
- Spare props
- Glendinning cable master and hose reel
- Large foredeck storage box and sunning cushions
- FB bench helm seat (multi function)
- Expandable burl flybridge dining table
- (4) Furuno Navnet color plotters, furuno radar, Furuno fish finder, Simrad depth/log, Simrad wind instruments, (5) VHF radio’s, Trac II SAT TV
- (5) New 220V Crusair AC units and (1) 120V unit in engine room
- Underwater lights
- Quick Lift 800lb davit & chocks
- Miele 4 burner propane stove w/microwave/convection oven
- Fresh water hose bib on flybridge
- Refrigerator on flybridge; Kenmore with icemaker
- (10) Rod holders
- Custom SS grab rail and dive ladder on swim platform
- HI-Low expandable custom Burl table in salon
- Kenmore stacked washer/dryer
- Garbage disposal in galley sink
- Varnished teak cockpit cover boards w/canvas covers
- Varnished teak mud rail on foredeck w/canvas cover
- Entertainment center and (3) TV’s
- Back up fresh water system pump
- Flybridge enclosure
- Hot & cold shower on swim platform
- ACR EPIRB
- Dive tank storage in lazarette
- Custom liquor cabinet & glass storage in salon
- Fuel consumption gauge
- SS BBQ grill on flybridge
- Vacuflush SeaLand Marine toilets
- Solar vents for foredeck chain locker, foredeck storage box & lazarette
- Ventilation fans in flybridge lockers
- Cockpit and swim platform courtesy lights
- Norcold AC/DC refrigerator/freezer
- Custom stainless steel folding flag mast on radar arch
- Personal items, pillows and throws.
For more information contact central listing agent John Parry
Mobile: 561-510-4024 | E-Mail: JParry@hmy.com