54′ | Ocean Alexander 540 Pilothouse | 1990
Ready to Cruise, Lots of Upgrades
The previous owner of this vessel purchased her in 2013 and spent a lot of time upgrading all the equipment aboard. Later the current owner purchased her in 2020. He then took her to Baja Navel shipyard in Ensenada for even more upgrades and needed routine maintenance. After enjoying the boat for the past couple of years the owners need to sell as they are moving.
Current maintenance logs and a survey from 2020 are available upon request. Click on full specifications to review all her upgrades over the years. Don’t miss this opportunity to purchase a strong vessel that has been well cared for over the years!
Call, text, or email the listing broker anytime.
Listed by Denison Yachting - Marina Del Rey
THIS BOAT IS SUBJECT TO AN EXCLUSIVE LISTING AGREEMENT WITH DENISON YACHTING - MARINA DEL REY (310) 430-1502 AND IS NOT OFFERED FOR SALE BY HMY YACHT SALES, INC.. HMY Yacht Sales, Inc. is merely providing this information in an effort to represent you as a buyer in the purchase of this vessel.
Specifications Add to Favorites
Previous owner upgrades since 2013:
- Engines serviced.
- Turbos rebuilt.
- Generators serviced.
- All new electric system
- All new batteries and battery wiring
- New charger/inverter.
- New Raymarine navigation systems at both helms; including new depth finder, auto pilot, radar, gps navigation and charts, etc.
- New horn, new windshield wiper system.
- All tanks cleaned and services. new gas tank measuring system and gauges
- All new engine gauges.
- New sound systems, speakers, amplifiers, tv's game console, security cameras
- All new top of the line appliances including full size refrigerator/freezer, induction stove, oven, microwave, ice maker, wine cooler, washer dryer.
- All new wood and wood refinish throughout.
- New exterior paint, top and bottom.
- Refinished all metals, windows and glazing,
- New granite counters,
- New bathroom shower systems, new sump pumps,
- New anchor, new anchor chain, new windlass
- New trim tabs
- All lights switched to LED
- All 110 outlets replaced.
.Current Owner Upgrades
Current owner upgrades since 2020:
- Bottom painted - March 2021
- Dinghy hoist added - 2021
- New outboard motor on yacht tender, new upholstery on yacht tender, and new instrumentation on yacht tender - 2021
- Sewage holding tank professionally cleaned - 2021
- Refurbish/updating of both heads - 2021
- All upholstery replaced on fly bridge - 2021
- All upholstery replaced in stern area - 2021
- New seating in both pilot areas - 2021
- Replaced exhaust pipe on engine - 2021
- Recent engine service; change oil, belts, zincs etc.
- Trim tabs repaired - 2021
- All exterior wood stripped and varnished - 2022
- All sea cocks cleaned and/or repaired - 2021
- Swim step repaired - 2021
- Boot stripe painted black - 2021
- Shafts alignment checked and working properly - 2021
- All fire extinguishers filled & certified - 2022
- Smoke and gas alarms replaced throughout - 2022
- Turbo on both engines had checkup with diagnostic app, and approved for operation - 2021
- Replaced missing full-length mirror replaced on v-berth door
PowerBoat Guide Description
PowerBoat Guide Description:
"The Alexander 520 and 540 Pilothouse are basically the same boat—the 520 has a conventional transom and the 540 has a Euro-style reverse transom which adds some pizzazz to her appearance. They’re built on a modified-V hull with cored hullsides, moderate beam, and a shallow keel for directional stability. Several floorplans were available in the 520/540 over the years. The original three-stateroom interior has the master suite forward, and an alternate two-stateroom layout (available in more recent models) has the master stateroom amidships. Either way, the galley is forward in the salon, and the raised pilothouse is arranged with a centerline helm, direct flybridge access, and port and starboard deck doors. The cockpit of the 520/540— partially shaded by a bridge overhang—is large enough for casual entertaining and comes with a transom door for easy water access. Additional features include a huge flybridge with dinghy storage, wide side decks, well-crafted teak interior woodwork, and excellent storage. Among several engine options, twin 425hp Cats (or 440hp Yanmar) diesels cruise at 15–16 knots and reach a top speed of just under 20 knots."
- AC and DC electrical panels
- MasterVolt 4000 Inverter
- ProNautic 12.50 battery charger
- 1-30 amp shore power receptacle
- 1-50 amp shore power receptacle
- Batteries: Two (2) Medium Amp, Three (3) 8D & Eight (8) 6-Volt
- 4 burner stove with separate oven - electric
- Double stainless steel sink
- Wine cooler
- Wet bar with stainless sink
- Lots of storage and counter space
- x5 Air-Conditioning units
- High water alarm
- Onan generator 16kW w/ 6039 hrs
- Onan generator 6.5kW w/ 3740 hrs
- Macerator pump
- Bilge pumps automatic
- Water pump
- Raritan Water Heater
- Newer Raymarine hybrid touch chart plotters in flybridge and pilothouse
- Simrad VHF RS35
- Raymarine autopilot upgraded
- New TV's through out
- x2 Fusion stereo
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Hours listed may vary from actual hours due to recent use. Purchaser is encouraged to verify hours prior to purchase. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.