If you haven’t spent time aboard a trawler-type cruiser, you’re unlikely to appreciate just how differently and effectively this kind of boat functions compared with the archetypal aft-cockpit flybridge cruiser. It’s primarily to do with movement. The twin saloon side doors and aft main cabin companionway allow far more flexible and quicker progress around the boat. And because the height differences between the aft cockpit, side decks, aft deck, and flybridge are all fairly small, the movement between them is quick and very safe. Huge side decks and good bulwarks also transform safety levels – taking children and pets cruising becomes a real possibility.
As well as safety and practicality, the other defining element of the trawler breed is the light, airy saloon, which deceives you into thinking it’s much larger. Because of the tremendous window area, sitting in the saloon in any type of weather and being able to fully appreciate the panorama outside is quite a different experience from most other boats of similar size. And so much nicer.
“Eagle” offers a huge, very secure upper deck only available on the Europa models, allowing for dinghy storage and lovely recreation area, aft of the flybridge steering and seating area.
HMY Yacht Sales, Inc. is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Honolulu Yacht Brokerage International LLC.
Specifications Add to Favorites
EAGLE – SIGNIFICANT RENOVATIONS AND UPGRADES
• Flybridge and Boat Deck renovation including removal of entire deck of fly bridge and replacement with new fiberglass deck and non-skid surface, with reconfigured step layout, new fiberglass hatch, Awlgrip paint throughout, and new Kiwi deck surface for Boat Deck (2010-11).
• Fabrication and installation of custom built fiberglass hardtop with recessed lighting over fly-bridge installed on Awlgrip painted aluminum supports, and roof installation of radar tower with anchor and boat deck lights aft and navigation light tower forward (2018-2019).
• Removal of teak decks on forward half of boat with renewal of subdeck and installation of custom fabricated non-skid fiberglass mats to replace teak, and Awlgrip painting of cabin house and gunwales (2019-2020).
• Complete renewal of all exterior teak rails, trim and doors with removal of existing varnish, sanding of teak and recoating with 8 coats of Epifanes varnish followed by 6 coats of Allwood, renewed annually with 2 coats Allwood (2019-2020).
• New navigation electronics including Simrad Chartplotter with new depth meter, WiFi control via iPad for Boat Deck, Simrad radar, and Sonic Sound System (2015).
• Electrical system upgrade including 12 volt and 24 volt high output alternators for charging of house and inverter banks and three start (port and starboard engines plus generator) batteries, with distribution control for charge, automatic generator start device, digital monitors for draw and charge of batteries and new battery charger (2015).
• Installation of Yacht Controller external bow thruster (2016). [Note: Not listed in Survey]
• Installation of a custom fabricated, 30 inch wide swim step platform with teak trim and swim ladder (2016).