*This listing is available for virtual and in person tours, please contact the listing broker to schedule an appointment*
Owner’s Cruise Numbers – In a 30 knot headwind at 2200rpm she did 18.2 knots at 20/gph(combined) at 75% load.
“Elusive” is a fine example of the work of the Lewis Brother’s from the shores of Harkers Island North Carolina. The now incredibly popular “Carolina Flare” styled hull originated on Harkers island and was introduced by the Lewis family.
This 41 foot boat is really a commercial vessel disguised as a pleasure Sportfish. She is documented as a commercial vessel and carries Federal and Rhode Island Fisheries permits for Swoadfish and Tuna. The hull was built in 2005 and she was fully outfitted in 2013.
“Elusive” is ready to launch and go fishing! Recent survey available upon request. Please call or email to schedule an appointment to view this vessel.
HMY Yacht Sales, Inc. is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Latitude Yacht Brokerage, LLC.
Specifications Add to Favorites
Construction Scantlings: Heavily built using Cypress for structural members: keel (Laminated), frames, floors, gussets and chine log, and deck beams.
White Cedar strip planking is used on the hull, topsides and bottom, using SS fasteners and West System epoxy. The transom is Okoume marine plywood; two plys of 1 inch. Frames are sawn with gussets at the chine. Floors all have 3/8” Okoume ply face plating on the Cypress. The exterior of the hull is a heavy lay up of woven roving and matt in West System epoxy. The internal hull has the same fiberglass in epoxy as the exterior, in the bilges from the keel to the LWL. The rest of the hull interior from the LWL to the rail is epoxy barrier coated. The deck is Okoume plywood; 2 plys of approx. 3/4” with fiberglass over all. Teak over glued and mechanically fastened on the cockpit deck. The cockpit sole and covering boards are royal cedar rom Spain. The house and flybridge are Okoume marine plywood with fiberglass overall. As with the rest of the hull West System is the epoxy in use. The hull and houses were faired using micro balloons and micro fibers in West System epoxy, all was then barrier coated before Awlgrip finish was applied. The interior liner is light marine plywood with fiberglass cloth over.
Superstructure/Layout: Flush deck forward to house and flybridge and open working deck aft. The chain locker is well fwd with collision bulkhead before the interior spaces. Below has fwd over/under berths. Next aft is a port side berthing area and stbd head with enclosed shower. Up steps to the saloon with seating all around and a galley are fwd port. Exit through a varnished door to the working deck; a fighting chair is on the centerline, to port is the aft throttle position with an additional fish finder. On centerline at the house is the ladder to the flybridge and helm station with all nav gear.Accommodations
"Elusive" has a bright an airy interior that is simply equipped with a workmanlike finish. Starting from the bow is a cabin with two over/under berths to port and a single berth to starboard. Moving aft to port is a large over/under berth and a head with separate stall shower to starboard. The main salon has a large galley to port with a freezer and a large L shaped settee to starboard.Mechanical
- John Deere
Model: 6068 SFM50 – Turbocharged w/ aftercoolers
- Serial Number(s): CD6068S822747 / CD6068S807336#Cylinders/HP: In line 6 /300 @ 2600 Rpm
- Cooling System: Fresh water heat exchanger
- Crankcase Ventilation: “Racor Crank vent” 10CFM capacity. System allows that no oily mist is introduced into the engine compartment, and is rerouted to the air intake. This has left a dry and clean compartment.
- Gauges and Alarms at helm
- Reduction Gear(s): “ZF 2801A” ratio; 2.00:1.
- Serial Number(s): 20052215 / 20052216
- Shaft(s): 2“ Stainless Steel. Inspection of the propeller and shaft revealed all to be in
- Propeller(s): 4 bladed Bronze 24x29 outboard turning
Stuffing Boxes: Dripless, water cooled
Controls: Single lever, “ZF” electronic
Eng.Rm.Ventilation: 12v Blower (33 CFR 183.610)
Insulation: Acoustic foam
Steering Stations: One
Wheel/Tiller: SS wheel
Steering Gear: Hydraulic.
Rudder(s): Stainless Steel plate
Bilge Pump(s): (3) “Rule” (2) on float switches, (1) manual switch only. Engine intake valves open to the interior of the bilge while shutting off seawater to the pump to allow for engine seawater cooling to be used as emergency evacuation pumps
High Bilge Alarm: Two (ABYC H-22)
Fresh Water Pressure: “Jabsco” w/ accumulator tank
Bait well pump: Two. One of which is teed to provide sea water washdown
Other pumps: (2) “Jabsco” macerator pumps for fish locker evacuation
Head(s): “Jabsco“ 12vdc macerator type
Sump/Pump: Enclosed with “Rule” submersible on a float switch
Trim Tabs: Single cylinder, 12vdc/hydraulic
- DC control panel: House stbd aft. Volt and ammeter in panel.Circuit Protection: Magnetic breakers & fuses
- Installation: DC wiring is stranded copper w/ common ground bus to engine. Harnessing in place. Well loomed, compliant w/ NFPA 302 7-13.4, ABYC E-11
- AC-Shorepower: 30 amp service with control panel in saloon
- Generator: Northern Lights 6Kw Serial #6732-33941C with 806 hours located Port For’d engine space
- Cabin Lights: 12vdc
- Working Lights: 12vdc LED
- Navigation Lights: 12vdc
- Anchor Light: 12vdc - good
- Hot Water Heater: “Seaward” 6 Gallon -120vac only
- Compass(es): Ritchie
- VHF Radio: Icom IC M412
- Autopilot: Sitex SP-110
- Depthfinder: (2) Furuno Fish finders, one helm, the other at the cockpit
- GPS/Radar: Furuno -one color plotter w/ color radar
- Stereo: AM/FM CD
- SOLAS equipped for offshore
- Throwable Device: Lifesling
- PFD’s: USCG Type II (33 USC 175)
- VDS: “SOLAS” kit (33 USC 175)
- Fire Extinguishers: (2) 5 Lb ABC dry chemical, (1) 8 Lb. Condition: Gauges in green, no rust. Inspection current to 2017. Re-inspection is planned
- SOLAS approved 4 man liferaft – current inspection
- 406 EPIRB
- Danforth Anchor with 5/16” chain w/ 1/2” Nylon rode
- 22' Shaffer Double Outriggers with 8' Layouts
- 2 Deck Fish Boxes that hold 130 Gallons Each
- Cockpit Ice Box - Holds 600 lbs
- Docklines: Misc. braid 3 strand
- Fenders: Medium pneumatic
- Covers: Hard top on the fly bridge, canvas partial helm enclosure
- Reboarding: Through transom gate