Founded by Steve Moynihan in 1979, HMY Yachts has expanded into one of the largest, most diverse, yacht sales organizations in the country. We have the team and expertise that assures you the finest experience possible, whether purchasing or selling a yacht. HMY consistently delivers the results our customers have come to expect.
HMY Steals the Spotlight with 3 Must-See Viking Sportfish Yachts at the Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show
Your Next Vacation Home is a Yacht
New Valhalla Series from Viking Yachts Targets High End Center Console Market
BOTH ENGINES AND PODS SERVICED NOVEMBER, 2017
The 2009 CALYBER 35’ SPORTFISH CUSTOM CAROLINA HEMINGWAY EDITION THE OTHER LINE is one of CALYBER’S more recent layouts. Built on a Custom 35″ Infusion Mold, the “Day Boat” style 35’ SPORTFISH boasts lots of the usual storage and fish-ability as a 35′ Express but adds a secure 3-sided enclosure. Also, with this model of the CALYBER 35’ comes a full upper helm with all the regular navigation and fishing electronics found in the lower station, making it a breeze to run from either helm at any time of day. Full details on this beauty are below. Contact us today to arrange a showing of the 2009 CALYBER 35’ SPORTFISH CUSTOM CAROLINA HEMINGWAY EDITION THE OTHER LINE.
2009 Calyber 35 Sportfish Custom Carolina "The Other Line"
Numerous custom boatbuilders currently lead the charge toward more efficient vessels and cleaner construction methods. Calyber rides point in this effort. In building its newest 35-foot express model, Calyber produces 80 percent less styrene emissions and 50 percent less scrap for the landfill. It also uses 30 percent less resin while still making parts 50 percent stronger and lighter which translates into the need for less horsepower, ergo increased fuel economy.
Sea trials have proven that with these new techniques, combined with Volvo Penta’s IPS drives, Calyber has cut fuel consumption in half without sacrificing any speed.
IPS drives also offer advantages for fishing, such as better performance when backing down thanks to the stern not being “sucked down” due to normal shaft angles. Then, of course, there’s Volvo Penta’s incredible Sportfish Mode. You simply won’t believe how this boat handles both in Sportfish Mode and when using the joystick for docking. It definitely ramps up the boat-handling fun factor to levels you could not imagine. In fact, we promise that your spouse and children will all be experts at handling this boat after 10 or 15 minutes of instruction!
Calyber’s design employs an extreme warped-plane running surface combined with classic Carolina hull lines. But while it might look totally traditional, don’t judge this book by its cover. Epoxy resins for ultimate durability, vacuum- bagging and resin-infusion construction make boats that should you choose to can be handed down through generations of your family. That’s longevity! The simple interior boasts exquisite joinerwork and hardwood veneers.
Volvo Penta claims a 20 percent increase in efficiency compared to standard angled-shaft inboard drives. In the Calyber 35, powered by twin 370-hp D6 diesel engines, the IPS drive delivers a top speed of 39 knots (45 mph) and a range of 450 nautical miles at 35 knots (40 mph) on her modest 350-gallon fuel capacity. Conventional angled shaft inboard drives would need about 500 hp to match those speeds but would guzzle proportionally more fuel. In addition to more speed on less fuel.
In an offshore battlewagon, seakeeping is every bit as important. And the Calyber 35 should more than hold her own. Her Carolina-style bow has a fine entry with a razor-sharp, 60-degree deadrise to soften the ride, while her towering freeboard and radical flare above the waterline promise to keep her decks dry. Twenty degrees of deadrise amidships should assure a soft landing after flying off the crests in heavy seas.
Her bottom is solid fiberglass laminate, while her hull sides and superstructure are cored with PVC foam and custom teak to dress up her decks, cockpit sole, covering boards, and toerails. Her raised helm station should offer 360-degree visibility while underway and an unobstructed view of the cockpit. There is a teak helm pod with single-lever controls with outriggers, and a hardtop. Engines are in the customary location, beneath the bridge deck, for good fore and aft balance; jack shafts connect them to the IPS drive units, just forward of the transom. The layout offers a double berth forward, a settee to port, with a head and compact galley to starboard.
• V-berth to bow• Side, single berth• Stand up head with shower• Custom cushions and mattress
• Television• DVD player• Teak veneer throughout• A/C• Polyplaner stereo system• Headliner with cabin lighting throughout
• Stainless Steel Sink• Microwave• Refrigerator• Stovetop• Corian countertops• Cabinets for storage
• Twin VOLVO IPS System D-6 500 w/ 777 hrs• VOLVO IPS Joy Stick control• VOLVO IPS Sport Fish Mode• QL Volvo trim tabs• Fire Boy Fire suppression system• Duel Racor Filters for Mains• Racor filter for Gen set• Bronze Thru Hulls & Seacocks• Bilge Pumps (3)
• Teak cockpit, toe rail, cap rail, and covering boards• Cockpit lighting• Saltwater washdown• Freshwater washdown • Underwater lights• Custom Gaff storage under Port gunnel• Fishbox • Drinkbox • Fresh & Raw Water Washdown• Self-Bailing Cockpit• SS Hawse Pipes• 4 Reel Outlets• LED Cockpit Lighting under Gunnels• Release Rocket launcher
• Release helm chair x 2• Helm A/C
• Full Volvo instrumentation, Digital gauges, Joystick, Sportfishing mode• Navnet 3D display, large• Radar • Furuno Blackbox• Furuno Navnet 3D chartplotter multifunction display• ICOM VHF• Tracvision SAT TV• ACR Spotlight w/ Remote Switch• Ritchie compass
• Kohler gen, 6kw, 730 hours• 12 Volt DC and 110 Volt AC Systems• AC/DC Main Panel w/Breakers• 50 Amp 250v Shore Power• Battery Charger• AGM sealed batteries - 2 starting batteries, 1 house battery and 1 generator battery
DisclaimerThe Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Get more info on this yacht!