Viking Key West Challenge
The 4th Annual Viking Yachts Key West Challenge is much more than just a fishing tournament, it's four days full of fun and activities fit for the entire family. This event is open to all Viking Yacht owners and given the rave reviews from last year's trip, it is an event not to be missed. Viking has arranged docking at several Key West marinas and encourages you to secure your slip asap as there is limited availability. In addition, Viking has reserved hotel rooms at the luxurious Westin so those who may not be able to bring their boat can still be a part of the dockside festivities.
If you're a Viking owner and interested in attending this year's Viking Key West Challenge, download the registration packet here. Reserve your slip today!
Stay tuned for the 2018 schedule of events.
1. Mandatory Captain’s Meeting April 5, 2017 at the Conch Harbor Marina at 6:00 pm.
2. Fishing days, April 6 and April 8, 2017. Lay day is April 7. No weather day.
3. Fishing hours are 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM. You may clear the sea buoy anytime after 6:30 AM. Geographical boundary limits: Eastern boundary W 81.20 (Big Pine Key); Western boundary W 82.20 (35 miles SSW Key West)
4. IGFA rules apply with the following exception: rod hand-offs permitted.
5. Non-offset circle hooks must be used for billfish. All billfish must be released unharmed.
6. There is no weather committee. Fishing is up to the decision of the captains who assume all liability for their decision.
7. Live and dead bait may be used. No live bait chumming. No live bait teasers.
8. No more than two kites are permitted to be used with live bait; two artificial teasers may be used with live bait; no more than two dredges, and two teasers for trolling.
9. Only six rods are permitted in the water at any one time. This includes pitch bait rods.
10. There are no restrictions on line test.
View the desktop version of Viking Key West Challenge