HMY Sees 41 Percent Increase In 3rd Quarter Brokerage Sales
After seeing an exceptional 2nd quarter of the year where HMY sold 125 yachts for $130 million, the 3rd quarter continued to see positive activity on both new and pre-owned sales. It was the brokerage business however that saw a strong increase in revenue. While the number of sales from 2015 to 2016 in the 3rd quarter only slightly increased, the average price per sale jumped 41% which far exceeded the industry standard. In a recent report from Yachtworld.com analysts, the total price paid per brokerage sale only rose 1% over 2015 for the first nine months of the year. HMY Yachts closed 91 brokerage yachts in the 3rd quarter for more than $69 million.
"Our team is busy!" said Tim Derrico, HMY Director of Sales. "Our leads are up, our activity is up, and you can see the results in our sales. We are seeing a great mix of sportfish and motor yacht clients buying boats. Of course our new and pre-owned Viking sales are always consistently good, but we are also seeing strong sales with pre-owned Princess Yachts, Hatteras Yachts, Custom Sportfish, Lazzara Yachts, Sabre Yachts, and a lot more. Between our commitment to marketing and having the right Sales Professionals on board, our clients are telling us they trust us to sell their yacht."
Just a few of the notable yachts sold in the 3rd quarter include:
- 2008 Benetti 143'
- 1998 Delta 124' Tri-Deck Motor Yacht
- 1984 Poole Chaffe 105' Motor Yacht
- 2009 Lazzara Yachts 84'
- 2010 Lazzara Yachts 75'
- 2015 Viking Yachts 70' Convertible
- 2006 Marquis 65'
- 2010 Weaver 63' Custom Sportfish
- 2015 Viking Yachts 62' Convertible
- 2008 Viking Yachts 56' Convertible
- 2015 Viking Yachts 46' Convertible
- 2015 Sabre Yachts 54' Downeast
This positive trend for HMY seems to be continuing into boat show season as well. HMY has brought on more than 60 new listings in the last 60 days, half of which are in the Florida market.
Here are a few of the notable yachts just listed with HMY:
- Livernano, 2010 Princess Yachts 95' MY, Click To View
- Lusea, 2002 Lazzara 80' Sky Lounge, Click To View
- Miss America, 2000 Buddy Davis 78' Custom Sportfish, Click To View
- Off Duty, 2005 Marlow 78' Explorer, Click To View
- Sneaker, 2008 Hatteras Yachts 77' Enclosed Bridge, Click To View
- Element TA, 2009 Riva Yachts 75', Click To View
- Alta Mar, 2003 Viking Sport Cruiser 65', Click To View
- Warchant, 2006 Hatteras Yachts 64' Convertible, Click To View
- Reel Therapy, 2007 Viking Yachts 52' Express, Click To View
- Out Of Office, 2006 Sunseeker 50', Click To View
If you are interested in HMY Yachts listing and selling your vessel, please call us at (561) 262-4132 or visit http://www.hmy.com/sell-your-yacht
View the desktop version of HMY Sees 41 Percent Increase In 3rd Quarter Brokerage Sales